More than 200 years of success
The Delignit Group goes back to 1799. Where today’s business activities are concerned, however, 1893 may be regarded as the year in which the material of Delignit came into being. This was the year in which Delignit was developed and became one of the first wood-based materials to be produced on an industrial scale.
The production programme with today’s usually technical applications was developed in around 1930. At the time, Delignit materials were due to the their technical properties already being comprehensively used in the manufacture of airplanes and cars.
Materials specially developed for the production of cars were given the name of Delignit in 1935.
At the beginning of the 1990s, new product developments and the concentration on new applications became the foundation for today’s AUTOMOTIVE and TECHNOLOGICAL APPLICATIONS divisions.
The period may also be regarded as a milestone in the company as it changed from being just a manufacturer of Delignit panels to become a supplier of technological customized application solutions and systems.
A controlling interest in S.C. Cildro S.A. – a manufacturer of plywood, sliced veneer and furniture in Romania – was acquired in 1998.
The combination of material, development and application know-how as well as system and process competence today constitutes the basis for the Delignit Group’s business success.
In 2006, the Delignit-Group took access to the OEM business. For the product range "floors for light commercial vehicles" the company received the "Blauer Engel" (blue angel), an award for ecological products, which is assigned by an independent jury.